Indian Society for Life Cycle Assessement (ISLCA)
Indian Society for Life Cycle Assessment (ISLCA) is promoted by the NEEF since 1997 and provides a neutral forum where all viewpoints of environmental management and Life Cycle Assessment can be addressed.
ISLCA's Advisory Board includes outstanding researchers having recognition at national and international levels in their areas of expertise. In addition, ISLCA has several annual and Life-members, Volunteers, Consultants, and Center Coordinators contributing towards the promotion of both ISLCA and the NEEF.
Objectives of ISLCA
Capacity building for development of LCA in India through its courses, training programmes, conferences, seminars, research projects etc.
- Integrating Socio-economic concepts in LCA.
- Representing India in national and international forums on LCA and related areas.
- Networking with leading professionals in LCA and related fields.
- Promoting publications of the ISLCA including its planned periodicals and newsletters, publications, videotapes, discs and other communication media.
Some Recent Activities
Since its inception, the ISLCA and its officials have been actively participating in various forums to promote its objectives. Some of these events are as follows:
- Training workshop of regional representatives of International Life Cycle cle Panel (ILCP) of UNEP’s Life Cycle Initiative, organized by the UNEP, Paris, May 27-30, 2005.
- Study on “A Gate to Grave Life Cycle Assessments of Treatment of Municipal Solid Waste”, 2005.
- Paper Review on “Environment Impact Assessment and its Minimization in Mining and Beneficiation of Coal Using Life cycle Assessment Approach” submitted to Int. Journal of LCA, Germany, Sept, 2005.
- International Life Cycle Panel (ILCP) meeting organized by the UNEP under UNEP/ SETAC Life Cycle Initiative Programme and SETAC EUROPE 14th Meeting, also visited Czech Environmental Institute, Prague, April 21-26, 2004.
- UNEP’s ILCP meeting and SETAC’s 4th World Congress, November 14-19, Portland, USA, 2004.
- 4th AIST Workshops and 5th International Conference on EcoBalance and International Symposium on LCA, sponsored by AIST, APEC, UNEP/SETAC, Research Center for LCA, AIST, Tsukuba, Oct. 25-28, 2004.
- International Conference on EPDs by Swedish Industry Association and to Visit Beijer Institute of Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Sept-Oct, 2003.
- Study on “LCA of Coir Processing in Kerala, India,” 2003.
- AIST Workshops and 5th International Conference on EcoBalance and International Symposium on LCA, sponsored by AIST, APEC, UNEP/SETAC, Research Center for LCA, AIST, Tsukuba, Nov.5-8, 2002.
- 4th International Conference on EcoBalance and International Symposium on LCA, sponsored by UNEP, NEDO, AIST and MITI, organised by National Institute for Resources and Environment, Tsukuba, Oct. 29-Nov.3rd, 2000.
- AIST Workshops and 5th International Conference on EcoBalance and International Symposium on Lentitled "Some Insights into the Status of LCA through a Case Study of Wastepaper Recycling in India", in International Symposium on LCA in the Asia Pacific Region sponsored by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Agency of Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), and New Energy Development Organisation (NEDO), organised by National Institute for Resources and Environment, Tsukuba, Japan, Nov. 24-27, 1998.
- "Third International Symposium on EcoBalance - Progress of LCA for a Sustainable Society", Organised by ECOMATERIALS Forum, The Life Cycle Assessment Society of Japan, JAPAN LCA Forum and Supported by STA, Environment Agency, Ministry of Forestry and Fisheries, and Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) of Japan, Nov. 25-27, 1998.
- Report Editing Committee of the "Group Report on Symposium for LCA in the Asia Pacific Region" sponsored by UNEP, APEC, AIST, and NEDO, 1999.
- Member of Editorial Board of International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment (Int. J. LCA), Ecomed Publishers, Germany, September 1999.
- Reviewer of LCA articles for international journals.
Click Here To Download The ISLCA Membership Form
National Ecology and Environment Foundation Copyright © 2001. All rights reserved.